[haiku] Re: 'Updating NetSurf' idea

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:25:27 +0200

On 2009-03-29 at 13:49:14 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 2009-03-29 at 13:16:25 [+0200], Michal Takacs <michal.tak@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I'd like to introduce myself to all of you. My name's Michal Takacs and
> > I am a third grade student from Slovakia.
> > I am quite new to Haiku and I am eager to find out more about this OS.
> >
> > I would like to find some info about NetSurf in Haiku, is there some
> > description I could follow?
>
> I found this:
>
> <http://source.netsurf-browser.org/trunk/netsurf/Docs/BUILDING-BeOS>
>
> Francois can probably help you more, but maybe this is a good pointer
> until then. :-) Note that you can fetch some of the dependencies from
>
> <http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/Downloads>
>
> ... so you don't have to build them all yourself.

In fact, you can get all the dependencies from there except the lemon
thing, but the instructions work for that one. Only remaining problem in
terms of dependencies is the "re2c" lexer tool. But that one is part of
yasm, which builds fine with GCC2 (The NetSurf on BeOS instructions mention
that re2c cannot be built with GCC2). Just follow the instructions here to
build yasm from source:

<http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-lang/yasm/0.7.2/1>

"make install" will not install re2c, but it's been built (in the yasm root
folder) and can be copied manually to /boot/common/bin.

But then netsurf complains:

/Code/home/netsurf> make
M.CONFIG: building with JPEG support
M.CONFIG: building with JNG/MNG/PNG support
M.CONFIG: building without PDF export
M.CONFIG: building without glibc internal iconv
M.CONFIG: building without PNG support
make: *** No rule to make target `build-beos-beos/deps/beos_beos_about.d',
needed by `build-beos-beos/beos_beos_about.o'.  Stop.

Francois?

I also just found <http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/www-client/netsurf>
which kind of sums everything up.

Did I mention Haiku-Ports rocks? It does! :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan