[openbeos] Re: Unsuccessful OpenBeOS installation.

  • From: <kevin.lawton@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:49:13 -0000

Okay - I was interested in seeing how the OBOS project was developing and
whether there might be any areas I could volunteer to help in. So, I
downloaded/created the boot floppy and tried it. It all collapsed in a heap as,
as far as I can tell, my Matrox graphics card was being asked to do/display
something which it couldn't. I have seen similar problems with early versions
of other op systems. Anyway, it's a shame if there is nowhere to discuss this -
so I'll just have to shut up on that subject. Sorry to have posted to the wrong
place. Should you require the help of an experienced dev/tester then please let
me know.
BTW: The term 'Install' does not necessarily mean 'to a hard drive', and I
consider getting the kernel booted-up with a command prompt to equate to
running OBOS as it currently stands.
Also, I do currently run BeOS 5.0 - but do still encounter problems - so I'll
see you in the begroovy support forum.
Kevin.