[openbeos] Re: Unsuccessful OpenBeOS installation.

  • From: Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:16:21 -0800

On Nov 14, 2003, at 4:25 AM, Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

IIRC, the network kit could really use some help.

Hmmmm. I wrote the stuff in libnetapi. If something's busticated let me know and I'll fix it.

I think he meant that the netstack needs work. You could really help us. ;)

I've written lots of drivers for layer 2/3/4 ethernet switches but never tried to implement a TCP/IP stack, don't know how helpful I could be (he says staring at all three volumes of Stevens' "TCP/IP Illustrated" :-)... I'd love to help out but I'm a little busy with the screensaver kit at the moment. Maybe when I get that done?

Cheers,
Scott