[haiku] Re: Unicode in Haiku

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:15:23 +0200

Hi,

On 2009-07-26 at 18:06:55 [+0200], Travis D. Reed <tdreed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, that's not it. If you look at characters outside this plane in
> character map, you'll see that after 65535, the characters just repeat.
>
> I don't think it's a problem with character map. A long time ago, I could
> display Shavian characters in Haiku, which couldn't be done in BeOS. Now
> this is no longer the case.

That's actually very improbable :-). The glyph cache has always been 16 bit
wide only, which is a heritage from using AGG sample code. I don't remember
well, maybe there was a period of time where Haiku's app_server would
already work but would not yet use the AGG based glyph cache, but the one
DarkWyrm wrote.

Anyways, Ingo and I have worked on this problem, and r31780 should
hopefully fix it. The planes certainly don't wrap around anymore. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan