[openbeos] Re: USB stack design

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:39:57 +0200 CEST

> Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I put up a Wiki page to outline design goals and implementation
> > specifications for
> > the Haiku USB stack. The page doesn't have many information yet.
> >
> > If someone here wants to work on Haiku USB stack or has any
> > information to
> > share, please add it to the wiki
> >
> > http://www.haiku-os.org/wiki/index.php?title=USB
>
> Nice!
> I added another design goal "compatibility to the R5 bus manager",
> although I'm not sure it's really needed. There are at least some USB
> drivers out there, and it would be nice if those continued to work on
> Haiku.

Also, one could add some links to the sources of the USB Kit published
by Be
There is a usbkit_99-03-23.tgz on BeShare,
http://moore.cx/dan/out/ifeel/code/ifeel/support/usbkit_99-03-23.tgz
and an even newer version:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~oce/beos/usbkit.2000.01.15.tgz
It contains the sources for the usb_raw driver as well as the userland
libusb.
I don't think it has changed much since then.

Some funny uses of it, if only it was in english:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~WR7S-NKMR/BeOS/kitty/index.htm
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~WR7S-NKMR/MiddleWare/mouse/PowerMate.htm

François.