[openbeos] USB Stack status

  • From: "Jan-Rixt Van Hoye" <janvanhoye@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:38:47 +0000

Hi,

I'm following the development of Haiku for some time. And I'm mostly interested
in the development of the USB stack. The reason why, is because I've developed
an application PhotoGrabber(http://www.bebug.be/projects/jixt) which relies
fully on the USB stack. The application is now only running on ZETA, but I've
always had the intention to make a Haiku version, but untill now it was not yet
possible because the USB stack was not yet implemented for Haiku.

What I like to know is the status of the USB stack. Is it now possible to
connect a digital camera and communicate with it via the bulktransfer protocol?
What is the status of the OHCI,UHCI and EHCI busses? Is it possible to give me
the full status.

If I know that the most important parts are implemented, I can start to make a
Haiku version of PhotoGrabber. Which would be nice to 'test' the USB stack &
bulktransfer protocol.

Greets
 Jixt aka Jan-Rixt Van Hoye