[openbeos] Re: USB Stack

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:08:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Eike Dehling wrote:

> >come one people. I wanna help ya with development but if no one helps me get
> >on the right track than there is no way I can do that. I come from Windows
> >WORLD and I don't like LINUX(NOT USER FRIENDLY) but I love BeOS. I am not a
> >UNIX freak so I need some help until I start ..but I would really like to do
> >that..but if no one is helping me..than..in this readom will se R1 when we
> >will be old..I know some friends that could help to..but if you wanna make
> >this project a UNIX freaks club than just say it.
> >
> >regards, Valentin
>
> i don't think there is a reason to run ./configure ... just follow the
> instructions on www.openbeos.org (install JAM) and then let JAM take care
> of the rest. there is no need to mess around with the shell. (at least i
> did not have to do so ...)

The configure script has to be run. It generates a file `BuildConfig' (in
the `current' directory) that is needed by the our Jamrules. Currently it
doesn't contain that much, so for the time being you could create it
manually. I don't have BeOS at hand right now. Under SuSE Linux it looks
like:

FLOPPY_PATH             ?= "" ;
GCC_PATH                ?= /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3 ;
BOCHS_DEBUG_HACK        ?= 0 ;

Only the GCC_PATH has to be adjusted. Under BeOS it should start with
`/boot/develop'. `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)' will tell you.

CU, Ingo