[openbeos] Re: USB Stack

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:14:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Eike Dehling wrote:

> >The configure script has to be run. It generates a file `BuildConfig' (in
> >the `current' directory) that is needed by the our Jamrules. Currently it
> >doesn't contain that much, so for the time being you could create it
> >manually. I don't have BeOS at hand right now. Under SuSE Linux it looks
> >like:
> >
> >FLOPPY_PATH             ?= "" ;
> >GCC_PATH                ?= /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3 ;
> >BOCHS_DEBUG_HACK        ?= 0 ;
> >
> >Only the GCC_PATH has to be adjusted. Under BeOS it should start with
> >`/boot/develop'. `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)' will tell you.
>
> Anyhow: it worked on my PC without running ./configure...

It is suppose to not work without the BuildConfig file. The Jamrules
reads:

# Include BuildConfig
{
    local buildConfig = [ GLOB $(OBOS_TOP) : BuildConfig ] ;
    if ! $(buildConfig)
    {
        EXIT "No BuildConfig!"
             "Run ./configure in the source tree's root directory first!"
;
    }
    include $(buildConfig) ;
}

Once the file exists, `./configure' doesn't need to be re-run (until
someone changes it, of course).

> But you suggest i could build under linux? could i do that from say ... BSD
> ? (using the 2.x series of GCC)

The kernel (and only the kernel and maybe some command line programs)
builds under Linux... er was building -- I just checked and it doesn't
seem to work anymore. And if it built, it should require only a small
addition to `configure' to make it build on another x86 system with gcc, a
shell eating the `configure' script, jam and `/' as path component
separator. Thus BSD was an option.

CU, Ingo