[haiku] Re: USB Memory sticks with Haiku logo

  • From: William Ove <wove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:14:33 -0500

On Jul 6, 2009, at 10:56 AM, scott mc wrote:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:26 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are looking into offering some USB flash memory sticks with a Haiku logo on them. We would use the proceeds to help offset the costs for doing the upcoming shows, with the excess funds raised going to Haiku. These would be either 512MB or 1GB sticks. If you are interested, send an email to haiku-usbstick@xxxxxxxxxxx, with your name, and how much you'd be willing to donate. Get your request in by 2009-06-26 and we'll tally up the number wanted and see if this is worth pursuing or not. Here's a link to an example of what they might look like:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/23/2062382/Haiku-AE-BL.jpg
-scottmc

We only got about 10 replies on this, so I am putting this on the back burner until after Open Source World in August. The minimum order qty is 25, so we'll see how many are interested then. One of the big complaints was that 1GB was too small, so maybe we'll go up to 2GB or 4GB, but that'll be a cost hit.
-scottmc

I made several tries to express interest in these, but my email came back un-deliverable.

bill
--