[openbeos] Re: USB KVM input seen, but dropped?

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:31:08 +0100

On 26/10/2007, Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 01:34:58 +0100, Euan Kirkhope wrote
> > I bought a cheap KVM that has 2 PS/2 inputs and connects to the PC's
> > with a single USB cable (each).  On Haiku it seems to detect the USB
> > device correctly as a keyboard and mouse. Let the devices don't seem
> > to connect to the input_server.  The USB devices (as far as I can
> > tell from the logs) seem to sending the inputs to certain PS/2
> > handlers, but the data is dropped for some reason?  I just thought I
> > would test it given the recent changes to PS2 / input.  Any ideas?
>
> From the logs it tells me:
> usb_ehci: fullspeed device connected, giving up port ownership
>
> Which means that it's not a high speed device that EHCI can handle.
>
> Combined with:
> usb_uhci: no devices found
>
> You seem to have a OHCI controller. OHCI is not currently supported, so the
> device is essentially not seen. You could verify that by "la -R /dev/bus/usb"
> which will give you only hubs and no devices. (the device detected by EHCI is
> the software root hub which is always present)
>
> >  It would be great if I could get this working. :)
>
> You have to put your hopes into Salvatore as he is the one currently
> implementing OHCI. I hope he will have something working soon so all those
> with OHCI controllers and USB mice/keyboards can finally use Haiku.
>
> > I'll append to / create a ticket on trac as appropriate.
>
> You could go to ticket 1044 (general OHCI support).
>
> Regards
> Michael

Hi, I remember now about EHCI not handling USB1 devices.  It seems to
be doing something though...  It seems more likely now when I think
about it that the system has USB Legacy Emulation enabled in the bios.
 Does that account for why when I moved the mouse or pressed keys it
generates "events".   Perhaps someone with PS2 knowledge could give
some insight into what is happening?  It definitely looks like the
events are coming through, it just looks like there not being directed
to the right place.

Euan