[openbeos] Re: URL Preferences

  • To: Gregor Rosenauer <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:31:32 +0200

GR> Why not simply call it "App" or "Application" (if "File" is not
GR> appropriate, that is) ? This should be reasonably clear to the
GR> user, and we could put all app-related things there, like "Help",
GR> "Settings", ..

Reminds me of good old Atari GEM that had a "Desk" menu. Of course, at
the time it was just an Apple menu clone. They might have put the
Atari logo there that was available in the GEM system fonts. Why they
chose "Desk" is not really clear to me, possibly to avoid a lawsuit
:-)

Putting "Help" under this menu is a bad idea, probably, partly because
people have come to expect it to be on the right and are motorically
trained to it, partly because Help is the last thing you want to spend
time looking for through the menus. It should be as visible as
possible.

Philipp