[haiku] Re: Tweaking more CSS styles

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:36:05 +0200 CEST

> I just added:
>       }
>       pre.terminal {                  /* Terminal output black on white*/
>               background-color: #ffffff;
>               color: #000000;
>       }
>
> Very good call, Rob!

:)

> I tried the "a.printurl" of that section at work on IE8.
> It won't print the URL. Firefox gets it right.
> Anyone know what's up in Redmond?

That's probably CSS3 only (the :after pseudo selector) and IE lags :-(

> Also, is the "a.noprinturl" really necessary? That's the normal
> handling,
>  not pinting the
> href of a <a>, right?

Right, I had this in my CV in case I wanted to override the default a,
but we don't really want to print all by default, that'd be insane.

> Otherwise, I'm all for including some CSS goodness from our guide. :)

Btw yesterday I found something that would be useful for screengrabs...
It's possible to force smooth scaling on some images, for ex I added
this to the website I work on:

img.productInfoImage, TD.productListing-data IMG {
  image-rendering: optimizeQuality;     /* Firefox, future version
(Gecko 1.9.2)
 */
  -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;      /* Internet Explorer 7.0+ */
}

First one is to become official hopefully... FF2 doesn't see it though.

It's possible to use bilinear interpolation instead which should be
faster, or just disable it and force pixel sampling.

I think for screenshots thumbnails it could be worth it maybe.

François.