[haiku] Re: Tweaking more CSS styles

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:03:31 -0700

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Urias McCullough<umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> I also noticed it was a bit dark...
>>
>> Several modern terminals do actually use black text on a white
>> background these days (including Haiku!) - maybe the choice of a dark
>> background isn't the best?
>>

> I think the general idea is to quickly make it obvious what is
> terminal output. I think this is a good approach and since for
> printing we can have alternate CSS, I don't think there any big
> problems with it.

As Ryan points out, I am pretty sure the dark background was chosen not
so much to make it look like the actual Terminal, but to make the
distinction as obvious as possible from other similar styles like code
and pre. From that POV, I think it does a pretty good job. :)

However, if the color combination and/or font size are not good from a
readability POV, then I suppose we could make adjustments. But since we
want to keeping these classes in sync with the Haiku User Guide, you
will have to persuade Humdinger. ;)

Cheers,

Jorge