[openbeos] Re: T-shirts & more

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:58:02 +0200

Juan Carlos García wrote:

> Just open a free account at http://www.cafepress.com and
> collect a check every month with the benefits.

Cafepress.com is _very_ expensive (probably pretty much out
of necessity, because store owners don't have to keep
inventory as everything is printed JIT), so either you keep
your mark-up low or you sell expensive shirts. The shipping
costs also make it rather prohibitive for anyone outside
US/CDN.

I am currently investigating alternatives (for BeUnited) but
I will gladly share my findings here. Specifically I am
looking for countries with a goofed-up exchange rate (ie
S.Africa, where I live) to produce and ship the garments, so
that one actually enjoys some profit still without worrying
about keeping large inventories.

Helmar