[openbeos] Re: Translation question about a BeBook page

  • From: J�rgen Starek <jslistmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:45:56 +0200

Hello everyone,

first of all thanks for the hints.
About the translation: there is a group of some people who translate the
BeBook. I'm a member of that group and do the german version. The team lead
is Jeff Biss <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. We're in a very early stage (at least my
part and the conversion to XML are :-)) of the job.

Michael Pfeiffer schrieb am Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:24:04 +0000:

>>Does this question mean that the BeBook is going to be translated in
>>other languages? If this is a fact I'd like to participate in the german
>>translation.
>See http://www.beosspiele.de/bebook/index.html#hilfe how to get involved.

I contacted the project lead of this translation project. He told me their
project was (almost?) dead but gave me permission to use the parts they
already got finished as a foundation for my work. However, until now I did
not translate a kit they did before and besides, I try to keep the
translation closer to the original and more formal than they did.

To Eckart: just contact me and Jeff Biss about it - there's still a *huge*
heap of work here :-)

  Jürgen