[haiku] Re: Trademark

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:21:15 -0700

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 16:46 +0100, François Revol wrote:
> > "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > This is why I have always recommended consulting with a trademark
> > > attorney.
> >
> > For what exactly? If we ask an attorney, we should have at least some
> > idea of what to ask, no?
>
> An option to consider, especially since Haiku, Inc. is in the US, is to
> ask the Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC).
> They give free advice to FOSS devs, and it seems it includes trademark
> issues :
> http://www.softwarefreedom.org/services/

I contacted them back in 2007 to get "Non-profit Organizational
Assistance" (a service that they provide), but they told me that their
hands were full and therefore could not help.

Anyway, maybe we have better luck this time, so I just sent them an
email to see if they can give Haiku trademark counseling.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki