[openbeos] Re: Tracker/Deskbar Settings

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:19:47 -0400

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think *Deskbar Menu* is more generic and therefore preferable.
>
> Agreed, even though I don't anticipate a change of the leaf in the near
> future :-))

I too think Deskbar Menu is a better name, and maybe documentation
could say how the Haiku Deskbar Menu is like the Window's Start Menu
to make the transition easier for Windows users. Regarding the icon on
the menu, it has grown on me, though I wouldn't mind seeing some
alternate designs at some point. But for now we are fine I think.

> You want to find a file, and you can create a query to do so; even
> though it's different words, they also mean different things, and I
> would assume that, for a native speaker, this is a very clear relation
> (at least it's for me ;-)).

Yes as a native English speaker I agree.

Regards,
Ryan