[openbeos] Re: Tracker/Deskbar Settings

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:20:59 +0200 CEST

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Esp. the Deskbar settings are quite annoying, with their many
> toggleable options that are
> destined to be checkboxes. The "Configure Leaf Menu..." should of
> course also be integrated
> there on another tab.

Definitely.

> Speaking of which... IMO the "Leaf" menu is badly named. One day we
> could decide to replace
> the current leaf (which many think is a feather...) and then not only
> a few strings in the
> code have to be changed, but also the documentation all over the web
> will become inaccurate.
> I think *Deskbar Menu* is more generic and therefore preferable.

Agreed, even though I don't anticipate a change of the leaf in the near
future :-))

> Another thing is the usage of "Find..." in the menus and the term
> Query (as in "Save
> Query", "QueryTemplates" etc.) It would be best to keep one term.
> Though I see, of course,
> that ALT+F is easier associated with "Find"...

You want to find a file, and you can create a query to do so; even
though it's different words, they also mean different things, and I
would assume that, for a native speaker, this is a very clear relation
(at least it's for me ;-)).

Bye,
   Axel.