[openbeos] Re: Tracker/Deskbar Settings

  • From: "Ben Allen" <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:02:07 -0500

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Speaking of which... IMO the "Leaf" menu is badly named. One day we could
> decide to replace the current leaf (which many think is a feather...) and
> then not only a few strings in the code have to be changed, but also the
> documentation all over the web will become inaccurate.
> I think *Deskbar Menu* is more generic and therefore preferable.

Good point.  Creators of Haiku distributions/skins may likely change
the image, and it would be rather confusing to have documentation
floating about that uses several different names to refer to the same
button (or worse, a button with a seemingly unrelated name).  I have
seen some similar confusion here in my workplace with the default
windows vista theme; the big button on the left end of the taskbar now
uses a small graphical logo instead of the text "Start", which
sometimes causes confusion when documentation refers to the "start
menu".

-Ben