[openbeos] Re: Trac and Communication Design

  • From: ar1000@xxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:19:13 -0400

Communication Design encompasses tasks related to communication (visual) materials for Haiku. Website is for the website, and CD is for brochures, logos, letterhead, logos, badges, etc. For example, after the content for a quarterly report's data and body is compiled, a ticket would be created under CD to have it formatted and styled for the optimum presentation of data - both aesthetically and considering usability. For a widely known example, graphic design is a component of CD. This would let people in the community familiar with CD collaborate on relevant issues just as web or OS developers/ designers do.

- Austin

On May 18, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

Hi Austin,

On 5/18/07, ar1000@xxxxxxx <ar1000@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Recently (I don't recall which thread), we dicsussed how developer's
have trac, and that we need something for the CD tasks of Haiku. Why
not add a "Communication Design" category to the components list on
Trac. Website is already there, and it seems natural, as we are
already using the Trac wiki to collect the ideas for "Haiku
Compatible" badges. Adding a category for CD would just make it a
little more organized.

What should "Communication Design" be? Is it simply about "Design"
tasks or "Admin" tasks?

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald