[openbeos] Tr: Re: Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:43:56 +0100 (MET)

----- Message retransmis par Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxxx> -----
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:35:26 +0200
From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support
To: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>

Greets!

Mind posting this for me on the OBOS list? My mails don't
get through.

Tks.

Helmar

<devil's advocate>
By the time you have anything remotely useable regarding
mutliple monitor support, the size of the monitors available
on the market will make that entire discussion a moot point.
</devil's advocate>

Look into the future, think outside the box, get lateral! As
Craig (I think) said: there are more pressing issue at this
point and simplicity is king.

If my above statement does not come true, then don't expect
the person who will ensure the survival of the xBeOS (the
man in the street) to use more than one monitor - not as
long as he thinks the CD tray is a coaster for his coke can.
;) For geeks, sure, it's cool and often mandatory, but
remember where Be's geekdom got them.

But to back up my statement, this is what I just found on
ZDNet:

  Chin also demonstrated a 63-inch TV with a plasma display
  and introduced a 40-inch TV with a liquid-crystal display.

  Samsung has been growing rapidly over the past 10 years,
  with revenue jumping from $10 billion in 1991 to $33
  billion in 2000, according to Chin. However, the recent
  drops in memory chip prices have left the company looking
  for high-growth markets, such as consumer electronics,
  where Chin believes Samsung can become a major player in
  the near future.

See what I mean? Don't repeat history - write it! But for
that you gotta change your thinking first. Any takers? ;)

Helmar

----- Fin de message retransmis -----