[openbeos] Re: Tool tips (was Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker)

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:39:46 -0400

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In Dano, tooltips were actually part of BView, if I am not mistaken. As
> tooltips are related to graphical elements, this seems to be the best way to
> implement it.

Yeah that makes sense. Though I would imagine the actual tool tip
window would be at the application or maybe even the system level.
There are still a decent number of reserved slots in our BView, though
maybe for tool tips we wouldn't need any of the virtual method slots.
I would imagine a BString* fTooltip member and then non-virtual
Tooltip() and SetTooltip() methods would be enough. Though I'd have to
look at how the tool tips are implemented to be sure. Does anyone know
what the method interface was on Dano? I've never used it or Zeta
myself...

Also is anyone opposed to the idea of adding tool tips to the interface kit now?

Gabrielle: I do vaguely recall us talking about tool tips, I will take
another look at libwalter :)

Regards,
Ryan