[openbeos] Re: Tool tips (was Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker)

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:29:32 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
LaunchBox is also using it for tool tips, but the code is disabled due to
missing tool tips implementation in the interface kit.

Speaking of tool tips, do we have some options for code we could bring
into Haiku for tool tips? This might be a post R1 issue, but I think
they would be useful, especially for a web browser which is where I
would most likely use them.

There is a Be Newsletter article about tool tips by Robert Polic in
Volume III, Issue 19. Does anyone have that code? Is it useful or
should a "clean room" tool tip class be created?

Ryan

Ryan, I have a prototype of a tooltip class for libwalter, we talked about it some time ago, don't you remember? :-)

Gabriele