[openbeos] Re: Tool tips (was Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker)

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:51:18 +0200

François Revol wrote:
We could think of a global setting to either:
- disable them completely
- enable them
- force them to be displayed (for string-only ones) in the app's status bar if any (would be registered with a BWindow:: call (beware, BStatusBar is a progressbar, not what we want)).

And why not:

- set wait time and duration

And make it clear in the docs that they might not be displayed and should not be used for data display.

Yes, this should be part of every interface design book!

Gabriele