[openbeos] Re: Tool tips (was Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker)

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:18:10 +0200 CEST

> In my prototype tooltips could be not only a string, but a whole
> BView.
>
> I've put them at application level, but nothing prevents to move them
> system level. Since I expected Haiku to have similar functionality,
> my
> idea was to put a conditional define so that if libwalter is compiled
> for R5 it includes them, and if it is compiled for Haiku it will
> point
> to the system's ones.

We could think of a global setting to either:
- disable them completely
- enable them
- force them to be displayed (for string-only ones) in the app's status
bar if any (would be registered with a BWindow:: call (beware,
BStatusBar is a progressbar, not what we want)).

And make it clear in the docs that they might not be displayed and
should not be used for data display.

François.