[openbeos] Re: Tool tips (was Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker)

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:26:07 -0300

Ryan Leavengood wrote:

Speaking of tool tips, do we have some options for code we could bring
into Haiku for tool tips? This might be a post R1 issue, but I think
they would be useful, especially for a web browser which is where I
would most likely use them.

There is a Be Newsletter article about tool tips by Robert Polic in
Volume III, Issue 19. Does anyone have that code? Is it useful or
should a "clean room" tool tip class be created?

In Dano, tooltips were actually part of BView, if I am not mistaken. As tooltips are related to graphical elements, this seems to be the best way to implement it.

-Bruno