[openbeos] Re: [Time-out] A tale of a developers quest for sanity.

  • From: "Ari Haviv" <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:57:00 -0500

You are comparing a Windows desktop with a pair of 7200 rpm drives in
raid 0 with a macbook with 1 5400 rpm drive.

Then you write "Going from OSX to Windows is like going from driving a
truck to driving a passenger vechicle - the responsiveness is just too
hard to ignore. You accelerate faster after a set of traffic lights,
you handle corners better, etc"

But that doesn't tell me anything because the hardware is so different

On 1/28/07, Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A small rant of the pitfalls encountered when trying to develop applications
under Windows, MacOSX and BeOS, with an eye towards Haiku.  Yes, I know,
it's shameless self-promotion, but I'm quite sure a lot of developers on
this list will feel right at home when reading the article in the link.

Cheers, and enjoy the morning/afternoon/evening.

Enjoy

http://members.optusnet.com.au/hotw/comparison/comparison.html