[openbeos] Re: Thoughts on XFree86 development and how it effects OBOS

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:59:02 +1100 (EST)

In time ...

OBOS peers/competitors have already proven that the code can for most of the
Operating Enviroment can be used on other OSBOS projects.

If we keep our work encapsulated then in the future, improvements to the kernel
or even major changes (like supporting a linux 2.8 base) will be possible.
(Yes, I know I haven't released much)

Besides what the user, uses is the Operating Enviroment. As a user I have never
concerned myself with context switches, virtual memory management or mutexes. I
am more interested in copying files, surfing the web and listening to music.

BTW. Remember all problems can be solved by one more layer of indirection.

  +-------------+
  | APPS        |
  | KITS        |
  | SERVERS |   |