[haiku] Re: There is no more audio for me in Haiku

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:52:15 -0800

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 03:15:53AM +0100, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an issue with the latest nightly builds of Haiku: i can no
> longer hear sounds and music, from any media  files and applications.
> I have filled a ticket in bug tracker, but i'd like to know if someone
> else have the same issue.
> This issue for me is very annoying and invalidating, since i love to
> listen music :-)
Yes -- *very* annoying... (:-/)

> As usual, i've just upgrade Haiku by deleting the current System
> folder, and then i copy the new system folder from nightly raw image.

A tip... When I install a new revision, I never *delete* the old system
folder.  I just rename it to "System_PREV" or something.  Then if things
go wrong like that, I can simply recover by swtching back.

(I haven't been upgrading recently, so I don't know if I'd have the
problem.)

        -- Pete --