[openbeos] Re: Themes

  • From: "Chris Peel" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:41:06 +0100

Yes, I realise that now... :)

> One thing that has not been mentioned which I believe you
> asked for earlier is for other iconsets to be included in the
> base distribution. This I think is a problem in that someone
> will need to create those iconsets. As I'm sure the
> contestants in the icon design contest can attest to,
> creating icons is not easy, and there may not be enough
> resources in our community to create multiple iconsets which
> could be included in the base distro. This is why we are so
> focused on getting at least one good iconset to use as the
> base. It should be good enough that 99% of people are happy
> with it and don't care to change.

I was thinking it might make sense for the (say) 5 runners up to have their
themes included - I'm sure they'd be more than happy to complete their sets?

> For the remaining 1% it should be possible to change the
> icons without too much hacking, but I wouldn't count on other
> iconsets or even the easy means to change them to be included
> in the base distro. In other words you may not see an "Icons"
> Preference applet, but I'm sure someone could or will make an
> "IconChanger" application you could find on BeBits. Maybe
> that someone is you Chris, hint hint :)

Well, I have been playing with the HelloWorld and HelloWindow apps in R5
recently, so - who knows - it's probably about time I learnt C++... =)