[openbeos] Re: The world as we know it

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:00:52 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:

> Also remember that a normal user doesn't even see or know
>  about the API; he will just see that R1 works better all
>  over the place.

Yes, BUT (!!) he will NOT compare it to R5, which in some
cases he has never ever seen before (and never will), but he
will compare it to WinXP, MacOS X, Lindows, Linux
derivatives, etc. As much as one would like to avoid it,
that's the yardstick for any other OS out there, not a
previouss version that was last updated -say- 3 years prior.

For _US_ it's nice to see the improvements, but _US_ is not
the market we are aiming for. _WE_ have shown that we have
failed Be and we have failed each other, so if you want to
be successful, pretty much ignore the current BeOS userbase
- it doesn't really matter.

Full circle... that will leave you with new users, those
without any prior BeOS experience. And they wll NOT compare
it to....

Helmar