[openbeos] Re: The world as we know it

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:46:54 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Jonas Sundstrom <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> > What is also the case, though, is that we already *have* R5. It
> > exists.
> > I'm running it. If R5 is equivalent to R1, then we have R1. So why
> > not
> > start building the cool things now?
>
> Imagine all the discussion and pulling in different directions.. :P
> It would be mayhem. And it would get us nowhere.

Imagine how many lines of code we would have written if we weren't
ranting on each other :^)
(inc. me :)

> > There is no reason to simply go blindly cloning things
> > if you are not planning on improving them in the process.
>
> The OpenBFS devs seem to be improving BFS while cloning it.

Who said we were blind ?

Btw, to at least send an useful mail:
I have an s3 trio card here, not supported, and I want to merge all
s3 drivers to the savage one (opensource) and then put it in our CVS.

Question is:
Anyone here has S3 (trio, virge, ...) datasheet ???
Nothing on s3.com and s3graphics.com anymore,
the only thing I get is broken urls from google:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6851/data.htm
Searching for the filenames (po36vdgx.pdf) don't give more
results, and even web.archive.org doesn't have them :-(

so if someone has some handy, mail me please
(and don't forget to add the url to:
http://wiki.bebits.com/page/DriverDevelopment
)

François.