[openbeos] Re: The state of the world (or, WTF is Glass Elevator and who am I?)

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 17:11:44 EST

Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Sat, 05 Jan 2002 15:31:51
-0500:
> Nathan is really working on design and prototyping for R2.
> Gathering ideas from people, distilling them into a coherent list.
> Sketching out APIs that people would like to see, etc.

Where can I forward some nifty ideas on the future of BFS?  I'm
having an interesting discussion on files / attributes / indexing /
queries / objects / XML on the ReiserFS at the moment, and there
are some next-generation things to try which would be easier to
get working under BeOS or OpenBeOS since most applications support
attributes while they aren't used much on other operating systems.

- Alex