[openbeos] Re: The Website

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 16:06:15 -0400

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

I've copied the haiku-os.org DB over to plonetest, so we can start
with the same content. Austin, if you want to test your new theme
please use the subdomain.

I think this is a really good start. I like the idea of having an unofficial playground.

Is anyone against using a second Drupal instance for development and testing?

No.

Some changes that I would like to the main site:

I really want the menu structure that I suggested put in place. Everyone seems to like it (or not complain too much). I like the login being in its new home and I think that the new menu structure will help. Speaking of the menus - can we make them drop downs, sort of like the old site? So if you mouse over "Developer", you get a menu of choices and clicking on the word Developer will lead you to a page with the same choices as the drop down?
I can help with the javascript and css if necessary for this.

Let's either remove or fix the taxonomy tags. What do I mean? Go to the main page and click "Documentation". Then click "General". Not found.

There is a lot of work to do in terms of reading the whole site, cleaning up some wording and some reorganizing. Koki has volunteered to do this, let's let him.

As far as wikis, forums, mailing lists, community organized data, whatever, let's table that. We have a good amount of work to do right now on the site as it sits today. When we have a solid, clean, workable design with the content that we want, we can start adding on. You don't build a new bedroom while your roof leaks.

How is the theme work going? I haven't seen a whole lot in the way of potential designs in a while.

Michael