[openbeos] Re: The Road to GE...

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 06:45:00 BST (+0100)

> My question is simple : At what point do we start implementing these
> 'GE' features in OBOS?
> Version 1.0.1 ?  1.0.2? Are there some features that are so
> beneficial
> that they should be in R1 - or is everything on hold until R2?

As soon as you want.

There is nothing stopping you taking the original source code, forking
it and implementing the features you want.

It probably won't be included in R1, but at least its done for future
versions.

Then again, you have to ask yourself - "Is it worth me doing this yet?"
- there are so many different things that need doing right now, I
honestly think that anyone who is really able to produce something the
project needs wouldn't be asking "What can I do for the future?",
rather "What can I do now?"

Just my 2 eu cents.

Andrew McCall