[haiku] Re: Thank you : Google Summer of Code 2009 Applicants

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 00:03:00 +0200

Smita wrote:
> I am yet to submit my patch. Even though my proposal has code-level
> details, I could not  get a patch through.
> This is because I could not find a task of my interest on the task
> panel. I am more of a system programmer, and all the easy tasks listed
> are those which deal with the GUI or related stuff.

There are usually plenty of TODOs in the code. Just have a look at a
component that interests you, and grep for "TODO", and you might find
something.

> Can I check-in a dummy change?

You would provide a patch beforehand to give us a better possibility to
judge your capabilities. A dummy check-in probably wouldn't serve the
desired effect, I guess ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.