[haiku] Re: Tentative approval for paying for the fliers

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:40:12 -0800

Howdy,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
Hello all,

I think I can finally announce the decision of the BOD about funding
the printing of new fliers. Sorry for the delay, but as you might
imagine everyone in the BOD was pretty busy during the holidays.

Basically the decision is that Haiku, Inc will indeed pay for the
printing of the fliers. To be honest, there really wasn't much doubt
about doing this, but I think we were all a bit unclear how this fit
in with Jorge's designing of the fliers. But I believe we have
resolved all that now over the course of this email thread.

So, Jorge, thank you for your patience, and please go ahead and work
on the new flier design. I hope the delay introduced by this long
discussion and decision making does not adversely affect the schedule
originally planned.

In addition I think it is safe to say that most of the controversy
over this was just due to some miscommunication. I think we have all
learned from this so hopefully similar issues can be avoided in the
future.

Thank you for the clear reply Ryan.

I will try to have a first draft design out for peer review next week. Schedule has in fact been pushed back a couple of weeks, but since there is no pressure to print and ship the fliers to Europe in time for FOSDEM, we should be OK (plenty of time to have them ready for SCaLE).

Once the design is finalized, I will create an A4 version of the artwork that the EU folks can use to print locally if they want to hopefully in time for FOSDEM.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki