[haiku] Re: Tentative approval for paying for the fliers

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:19:04 -0500

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The reason I keep asking (and I still do) whether Haiku Inc. will make a
> _definitive as opposed to a tentative_ commitment to fund the printing is
> because there has been no definitive yes or no answer to that particular
> question yet than can be considered the official decision of the BOD. Why do
> I say this? Because the BOD members are sending mixed signals. If they have
> the authority (which I still question, but that's another matter for another
> time), then the least they can do is take the time to present the official
> decision as a group in unmistakable terms, not as separate mixed replies
> that contradict each other.

I am pretty sure I clearly expressed that I would push this forward in
the BOD. I have done so and we have been discussing it. In our
discussions all the board members have made their opinion known but
not everyone has officially voted. I hope we can get all votes in my
tomorrow. It is the holidays, only a few days from Christmas, and I
think you ask too much for 5 people in 4 different time zones to
discuss and make a decision quickly in a matter that has been in
contention for weeks.

> Hopefully I have managed to explain you why I think the way I do, and why I
> still think there is an open question.

I think the main issue in contention after all this discussion is
whether you are asking for a guarantee that fliers you designed will
be printed, even if the design is unacceptable. Since in recent emails
you have repeatedly said there is no risk, then I would think not. In
other words I really think we have all been wasting time here. Plus I
seriously doubt your design will be unacceptable so I don't think that
should be such a concern from the Haiku, Inc side.

It really is sort of like a programmatic deadlock: Jorge waits on
Haiku, Inc approval before working on flier design, Haiku, Inc waits
on Jorge design before approval, DEADLOCK!

--
Regards,
Ryan