[openbeos] Re: Support of More Kits

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:15:26 +0100 (MET)

En réponse à anilv <anilv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Most common applications like Word processor, Presentation etc can
> expose their API's in the form of Kits.
Media Players ? (ugh, I said too much, I need to kill you :P)

> I want OBOS to be a true object oriented system with everything
> implemented neatly. The developer should never be short of API's.
> So that developement of applications for OBOS shall be easy.
>
> The language that is going to be used for OBOS is also going
> to be very important. Most of the people are addicted to languages
> like Java and it not easy for them to jump back to C++ once they
> have tasted the simplicity of Java. One of the most important

Hmmm I must be old-school somewhat... I really prefer C++ to Java

> reasons of BeOS to be great operating system is that because its
> native
> language is C++. it would be a great if OBOS supports C# it as its
Hmm, I'd say no, for 2 reasons:
1) at least R1 should mimic R5, that goes for the language too :P
2) Heaven forbid ! Use python, perl, Java, but please no (M$)C# :P
(I'd tend to say no Pascal, but better no Kylix, since Borland's new licence
really seems to suck)