[openbeos] Support of C++ for writing Drivers

  • From: "anilv" <anilv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:44:08 +0530

While i was coding for a USB driver in BeOS i had
to use 'C' because C++ wasn't supported by the
kernel. It would be great if OBOS supports c++
for writing drivers. Because the entire flow of
logic becomes very easy and every functionality of
the driver can be encapsulated in to classes. Windows CE
does support C++ for writing USB drivers. So i suppose
that OBOS should also be able to support C++. Well
how far the things i am saying will be feasible I don't
know.

Your thoughts please.
ANIL