[openbeos] Re: Support of C#

  • From: Rogier van der Hee <rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anilv <anilv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:50:06 -0800

> > While you're at it, why not port Qt then? Then we have incoming apps
> > from 3 platforms, in C++ ;-).
>
> Wat do u mean by above ??

Qt is a commercial cross-platform GUI C++ library: code once, and
simply compile 3 times, one for each of the supported platforms
(Cacao, Windows, Linux), to get a working version for a platform
including a native look & feel. See http://www.trolltech.com. It's an
excellent library btw.

If you're gonna port a complete API, why not port a portable API,
was the idea ;-).

Assuming some people code on Linux in Qt, some on Cacao, and
some in Windows (some all off course!), all they would need to do
is recompile to port to OBOS. But I believe there has been a
discussion in the past about porting Qt, dunno what the outcome
was of that. Propably that BeOS wasn't a feasible platform to port
to / maintain from a commercial point of view.

Rogier

--
rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vanderhee.net