[openbeos] Support for Ancient Computers?

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:09:11 -0400

Recently I attempted to run Haiku on two old computers that are about 10 years old with 200 and 233 MHz MMX Pentium processors, respectively. The boot process would not start; that is, the Haiku boot screen did not appear, and nothing was written to the syslog via the serial port. BeOS booted and ran okay on both of these computers.

I have no opinion as to whether Haiku should support ancient computers such as these; however, I'm curious as to whether this project intends to support computers this old. If not, what are the minimum requirements for a computer?

Gerald