[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 22:21:52 +0100

The look of GUIs are a topic will you never agreement on because a lot of it is personal preference. I think the best thing is to have a preferences that allow you to fiddle with it (preferably behind an "advanced" button to avoid scaring people!), beyond that I think the GUI should be skinnable so you can alter it as you see fit.

Hiding things is bad UI design. I'm Ok with making the gui somewhat skinnable (by code, not by ugly bitmap-based themes), but then just let the user chose from some presets. You may want to look at Amiga MUI preference panel to see what can be done. It allows you to easily customize the look of every single widget and use either a vector-based drawing, or a bitmap. People tend to use ugly bitmap just to show their screen can use 256 colors, but I'm pretty fin with the default 256-color theme.

Also, I think if we ever add shadows to haiku, they would not like blurry like you did, but more like the ones we have for icons : precise, and only to the down-right.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx