[openbeos] Re: Suggestion (was Re: A bit of prep talk)

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:41:40 -0700

Heh.  The new motto: "bOS is boss!"

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! ;)  Seriously though, this isn't
something we need to worry about right now.  Jason's correct -- if we
really have to, in a couple of days we can purge the OpenBeOS label
whereever we need to.  Right now, the name recognition is important in
grabbing the community's attention and getting them excited.

>Hey what do you think about bOS, you can't copyright a letter, right?
>Damn those lawyers, damn them all to hell!
>

>On Tuesday, August 28, 2001, at 09:40  PM, Jason Martin wrote:
>
>> [quote]I am just concerned that if we were to change the name later,
it
>> would be much more inconvenient than to change the name now[/quote]
>>
>> I think my extended search and replace can take care of this >:) My
>> vote is for PsycoOS, or MudVayneOS.. or maybe drunkOS.. We need
>> something catchy to grab audiences.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams