[openbeos] Re: Suggestion - Status Roundup

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:48:37 +0100 CET

"Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another idea is to simply get the central status page on the main web
> site updated.  With some of the teams maintaining their own, noone
> bothers to update the main status page.
>
> Please consider having the teams update this page more regularly --
> that, or remove it.

The global status page is constantly being updated - progress in these
categories is just very small; for example we could have a working
network stack which would put us into early alpha. But even if it would
be already almost stable, and there are things like PPP missing, it
couldn't be put into beta stage yet.
So that status page is very inaccurate in terms of progress - but it's
nevertheless a good indicator for where we are now, it's granularity is
just low.

Adios...
   Axel.