[openbeos] Re: Storage-Kit Test

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:15:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Tyler Dauwalder wrote:

> > When running jam, I get an error "tools/Jamfile: No such file or directory
> > ", but the compile succeeded without problems.
>
> Does that file actually exist (it should)? Either way, we're not currently
> building anything in the tools/ directory so it won't adversely affect
> anything.

The file should be there, at least it is in the repository. It is
virtually empty though.

> > I then ran the tests and got 10 failures (see bottom) for the
>
> As to the resource errors, do the various files listed
> (storage_kit/test/resources/x86.rsrc, storage_kit/test/resources/elf-no-res,
> etc.) truly not exist? If so, they may not have been included for some reason
> when you did your cvs checkout. If OTOH they *do* exist, then I shall defer
> this problem to Ingo, who's in charge of BResources and BResourceStrings.

At your service. :-)

cp says, that the files don't exists, so I would assume that this is true.
It sounds like cvs hasn't updated/checked out all the files.
From time to time people happen to have trouble with cvs under BeOS. After
I enabled compression I've never had any problems again (one exception
on my dual processor machine: when both processors are enabled, cvs
hangs or reports an error when exiting). A useful .cvsrc should look like
this:

cvs -z5
checkout -P
update -d -P
diff -u

(or diff -c; whatever flavor you like)

> Now, for the attribute directory tests that were failing with the R5 version,
> I'm betting they're simply returning a different error code than we were
> expecting.

Yep, probably we're too restrictive and should just check for != B_OK when
a more or less meaningless error code is expected.

> > OpenBeOS-version and 14 for the R5-version (so OpenBeOS' storage-kit will
> > be less faulty than the original?? ;^)
>
> Undoubtedly ;-)

Honestly, some code has apparently never been tested. Just yesterday I
found out, that BQuery::PushUInt64() doesn't work... not at all and never.

> Thank you for taking the time to try things out, btw,

Yep, thanks a lot.

CU, Ingo