[haiku] Re: Status of LLVM+Clang & Go Language?

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:43:59 +1300

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 30/11/2011 03:18, Kevin Ar18 a écrit :
>>
>> There were past efforts to get LLVM+Clang working on Haiku...
>> and supposedly it was working, but I never saw any additional information.
>
> We occasionally see related talks on IRC regarding building Haiku with
> it, basically we use much of gcc-specific things (command line
> arguments) that must be cleaned up.
> So it's still worked on but I don't know more about it.

Actually the command line args aren't a problem. Its horrible gcc
extensions that the code uses that must be removed.
Unfortunately for this it would be best to remove the glibc that is
used now and change to a cleaner one like a BSD libc

>> Is it possible to download it (pre-built) somewhere?

I can build and put up the 3.0 release somewhere when its released,
which will be today/tomorrow.