[haiku] Re: Status of LLVM+Clang & Go Language?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:16:19 +0100

Le 30/11/2011 03:18, Kevin Ar18 a écrit :

> There were past efforts to get LLVM+Clang working on Haiku...
> and supposedly it was working, but I never saw any additional information.

We occasionally see related talks on IRC regarding building Haiku with
it, basically we use much of gcc-specific things (command line
arguments) that must be cleaned up.
So it's still worked on but I don't know more about it.

> Is it possible to download it (pre-built) somewhere?
>
> A few years back, Bruno Albuquerque tried to get the Go Compiler to work.

Actually I was the first to try :P

>  It seems there were a number of issues.
> Has anything come of this?  Don't supposes someone got it working?
>  If so, is there a pre-built somewhere or maybe some special things on
how to compile it?

Long since I looked at it though, don't know.

François.