[haiku] Re: State of Haiku QA

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:41:28 -0500

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 12:06, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> 2010/1/3 Dennis Catt <cattmail@xxxxxxx>:
>> Are Haiku developers afraid that adding QA to the mix could cause slowdowns
>> in releases?
>> Are there no interests in formal QA testing for prepping for the R1
>> release??
>
> The answer to both questions is no. I think the question you want to
> ask is not whether there is any interest in formal QA, but why isn't
> there any sort of 'formal' QA implemented in Haiku. The answer that is
> ridiculously simple. Up to now no one has come up with a plan, and
> implemented it.

Just some random bits that may be useful ...

IIRC, an irc user Al2O3 has been setting up some type of automated
testing using some scripting language and vmware. I'm not sure what
became of it though.

There's also http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4763 which mentions a
script to test the ABI.

At some point, Coverity was set up for doing additional source code testing.

I'm also working on a custom continuous integration solution for
monitoring source changes :
http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/haikubuildomatic  I'm working on
branches/rewrite2, which will eventually allow multiple computers to
run BOM and report their results to a central website

--mmadia