[haiku] Re: State of Haiku QA

  • From: Dennis Catt <cattmail@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:32:30 -0500

Are Haiku developers afraid that adding QA to the mix could cause slowdowns in releases?

Are there no interests in formal QA testing for prepping for the R1 release??

On Jan 3, 2010, at 8:36 AM, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Cameron Mac Millan <casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hopefully I'm off-base on this, but: I just browsed the Haiku QA mail
archives, and from that it looks like QA may be somewhat stalled.
Can
anyone give me a rough idea of where organised testing stands for
Haiku
right now?

The dedicated QA list is indeed pretty much dead since a long time.
Actual testing is not organized at all, but there are lots of people
that are using recent revisions of Haiku, so that regressions are
usually found fast.

FWIW, I'm willing to volunteer my time for testing Geode stuff since
I've got that WebDT 366 sitting here - which (in addition to Geode)
would give Cardbus, Bluetooth, USB, WiFi, and touchscreen at least
one
dedicated physical platform to test on.

Be welcome!

Bye,